THE FCA DEADLINE OF 29TH AUGUST 2019 FOR SUBMITTING NEW PPI COMPLAINTS HAS NOW PASSED
New complaints received after 29th August will not be considered unless there are exceptional circumstances for the delay in submitting this to us.
If you have already submitted your PPI check/complaint to us
Any complaints received by the 29th August 2019 deadline will be considered as normal and we will be in touch to let you know the outcome as soon as possible.
What we will do:
- If it is appropriate for us to refer your complaint to the party that sold you your policy we will do this and let you know. Otherwise, we will send you a letter to formally acknowledge receipt of your complaint.
- We will keep you informed of our progress.
- We will contact you or any relevant third party if we need more information to assist us in addressing your concerns.
- We will deal with your concerns as quickly as we can and wherever possible within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, as required by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Once we have completed our investigations, we will respond to you with a final decision
Do you need extra help or support?
We want to make this process as easy as possible for all our customers. Should you wish to receive your documents in an alternative format such as large print or braille please let us know.
If there is anything about your circumstances which mean you may need extra help or support please let us know so we can do our best to provide this.
If you remain unhappy with our decision:
If you have any new information that you feel could change our decision please let us know.
If there is no new information and you simply feel we have got it wrong, you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service but must do so within 6 months of the date of our final decision letter.
If you refer your complaint outside of this 6 month time frame, the Financial Ombudsman Service will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
Post: Financial Ombudsman Service
0800 023 4567
0300 123 9123
Online Dispute Resolution:
We always try to resolve any complaint to put things right. However, if you have already contacted us and we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction, you may wish to use the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution service. This is an online portal designed to help consumers who have bought goods or services online to conduct dispute resolution.